Tickets can be bought at metro stations, at the ticket offices or at the ticket machines, also at the TMB offices; and the T10 card can be acquired at the serviCaixa cash dispenser machines.
There are 6 faring zones in the city depending on the distance to cover.
- Single ticket: Valid for one trip on one of these: metro network, bus, tram, FGC trains or Renfe trains. In February 2008, the single tickets for fare zone 1 costs 1.30 €
- T-10 card : Valid for 10 trips, it allows you to take up to 4 different means of transport with the same ticket: metro, bus, Tram, FGC trains or Renfe trains.
- 1 day card: It allows an unlimited number of trips in one day. There are also T-Month and T-Term, for 30 and 90 days respectively. In February 2008 the price for faring zone 1 is 5.50 €.
- 2 - 3 - 4 and 5 days card: These are tourist oriented cards, they all allow unlimited travel during the days of validity. (metro, bus, Tram, FGC trains or Renfe trains). Buy your cards and tickets online.
More information on tickets here.
Barcelona City information service by telephone: 010 (only from inside the city)
GENERALITAT DE CATALUNYA RAILWAYS - FGC:
See the lines of FGC in Barcelona
These train network is not run by the City's Transport company, but by the Catalan local government, though it is perfecly integrated in the general network in terms of fares, tickets, stations, maps, etc. It covers some areas that the TMB doesn't. The lines they have in the city center are underground, they are, therefore, a paralell metro -lines L6, L7 and L8. The other lines of FGC reach towns located in the region of Barcelona. All trains of FGC depart from either Plaza de Espanya or Plaza Catalunya.Ç
These are the lines:
Lines inside Barcelona City:
- To Tibidabo (L7) - departure in Pl. Catalunya
- To Reina Elisenda (L6) - departure in Pl. Catalunya
- To Molí Nou (L8) - departure in Pl. Espanya
Line Barcelona - Vallés, departure from Pl. Catalunya, goes to:
- Sant Cugat del Vallés,
- Universitat Autónoma,
Line Llobregat - Anoia, departure from Pl. de Espanya, goes to :
- Olesa de Montserrat
Timetables: Lines L6, L7 and L8 have the same time table as the metro (See above).
Lines to Vallés and to Llobregat start at 5.00 am. The last train leaves around midnight from Sunday to Thursday and at about 2.00 am Fridays and Saturdays. For more information on timetables: See here.
FGC also runs the touristic train " tren cremallera de Montserrat", that lifts you up the mountain of Montserrat. There are special packs and combined tickets for tourists.
The fares system is integrated with the TMB, so the cards and tickets are basically the same as for the metro. There are also specific cards for those areas only covered by FGC. For more information: See FGC fares